We invite milliners from all over the world to showcase their beautiful creations…inspired by a piece of history or culture, or crafted with unique technique or craftsmanship of their nation.
Closing date for applications is 20th November 2017.
Application deadline now extended until 4th December 2017.
Applications are now closed! Thank you to all the milliners who submitted their hats!
Notes for Exhibitors
1) Please note that the application is for one hat only, if you wish to submit more for consideration, you need to fill in the form again.
2) All hats for consideration must have been inspired by or incorporate one or more cultural references to your chosen country to be qualified (does not need to be your home country).
3) Please supply two clear images of your creation with the application form for consideration (showing hat from different angles against a plain background, each no smaller than 1MB, no larger than 2MB), you must also include a reference image showing your inspiration.
4) You will be informed by email which of your hat(s) have been selected.
5) A non-refundable £110 application entry fee for each chosen hat to be paid upon receiving a confirmation email of successful application. You will receive an invitation for you to join us at the Private View Party on 21st March before the exhibition opens to public (you will be able to purchase 1 additional ticket at a cost of £25 to bring one guest to the Private View Party).
6) If you have selected that your exhibited hat is to be marked ‘for sale’ during the exhibition, you agree to pay X Terrace a commission fee of 35% of the sale price (no additional card payment fees will be charged), in the event that your hat is purchased during the exhibition. Hats sold will be displayed for the duration of the exhibition and collected by the buyer after the exhibition has ended.
7) Entry fees will be used to cover venue hire (central London, ground floor location), storage, display props, staff, marketing, graphic design and printing of catalogues, postcards, tickets, press packs, and Private View Party and Press Preview Event organisation and catering costs.
8) 100+ London based fashion stylists, editors, photographers, press, designers, and buyers will be invited to the Private View Party to view your creations.
9) Please include your social media account details to be featured online through X Terrace Fashion Platform. You can also follow us on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook @xterrace to be followed back.
10) Successful entries to be announced via email on 15th December 2017.
11) All selected hats must arrive before 22nd January 2018. You may drop off your hat in person by prior arrangement only.
12) Any import/export taxes incurred must be paid by the designers. If you are sending from outside EU, please make sure you fill in the customs invoice correctly in order to avoid customs delays and charges.
13) Hats must be returned using one of the following couriers: FedEx, UPS, DHL, DPD, ParcelForce, Royal Mail (UK milliners only). You will need to pay for your return shipping, and send us the address labels, courier specific documents, and a new customs invoice by 30th March 2018. We will drop off your hat(s) at the courier’s depot to ensure they are returned to you promptly (Read further details on sending/returning hats). Please make a note of the dimensions and weight of your parcel before you send to us, as you will require these details when booking your return shipping.
14) X Terrace Fashion Platform will not accept liability for any damage caused to the hats either in transit or during the exhibition, or for any injury caused by the hats to the public. Please arrange your own insurance if you wish to be covered in the event of damage.
15) Designers who intend to pick up their hat(s) in person may do so by prior arrangement on 28th March 2018, from 4pm-5pm only. If do not come at this time we cannot guarantee the return of your hat.
16) Any enquiries regarding to your application submission please email: email@example.com